Google is the best place to be to increase the success of your small business. It is the number one search engine in the world to gain potential customers. In addition, Google is the place your potential customers will instinctively visit when they look for a new product or service.
However, if you have a website that Google can’t find then your business has no chance of being highly ranked. Thus, being ranked on the first page of Google can be a difficult task. The following tips can help you get on the right road to be number one.
What are Crawlers?
Crawlers are Google’s automated software that “crawls,” or fetches, pages from the web and indexes them or adds them to a search result. Furthermore, crawlers can miss sites if something essential on your website is missing. Thus, you need to make it easier for Google to recognize your site. According to Google, here are the top 5 questions to ask yourself in order to gain your sites the best results when crawlers try to find sites.
- Is my website showing up on Google?
- Do I serve high-quality content to users?
- Is my local business showing up on Google?
- Is my content fast and easy to access on all devices?
- Is my website secure?
How to improve your site for Google Crawlers
Now that you understand what Google Crawlers are, here are a couple of tips on how to make your business’s site more discoverable.
- Utilize sitemaps and look at the structure of your website
- Reduce site loading time
- Avoid duplicate content so crawlers aren’t confused when crawling your site
- Optimize your images by doing things like using optimal image dimensions or using simple image descriptions
- Make sure you have no broken pages
- Create high-quality content that is interesting and relevant to potential customers
- Use relevant keywords in your site content
- Secure your website with an SSL Certificate
- Use a good index site
In conclusion, the key takeaway is to optimize your website so that crawlers can index you easier. You can achieve this by utilizing SEO best practices on your site, having high-quality, relevant content, and securing your site. Keep all this in mind, and you should be ranking on the first page of Google search results in no time.